Guaranteeing Sustainment: Roles & Responsibilities
of a Lean Steering Committee
- Develop your Strategic business plan
- Create a Vision for your Lean Transformation
- Establish your Kaizen Calendar
- Manage your implementation
- Go to Gemba, review kaizen newspaper closure,
- Promote your Vision by participating
- Transition new process into production
- Determine new business development strategy
- Define plan to accommodate freed-up resources
- Identify supplier Lean candidate selection
Use the steering committee as a form of displaying Company commitment. Have Sr. Staff members be part of a weekly daily if needed meeting at “Gemba”. If your asking the “5 Why’s” people will notice!
Words From the Buddha to Inspire Your Lean Steering Committee
Organizations do not change…people do.
Give people the opportunity to choose to participate.
Show the benefits of the change, or the costs of not changing.
Change is evolutionary-Kaizen is revolutionary.
Create excitement by training people to see waste.
If they can see it, they can kill it. It’s contagious, encourage it.
Coach action teams to a solutions by using Lean principles.
If people own the change they will value and sustain it.
Choose a model line to work the organization and systems.
Allow the model line to expose support issues to be addressed.
Stay focused. It’s easy to stray, stay narrow and deep.
Use the principles relentlessly to create trust, integrity & humility
This journey takes heart. If it is not in your heart, then it won’t be in theirs.
80% of your job is to change people’s attitudes, skills and knowledge.
If change is a problem for you, it will be a problem for them.